This is an invitation at short notice to my next workshop – Printing Nature. Please choose from sessions starting this coming Friday to following Monday.
There is a magic in printing it seems: it takes just seconds to create a complete and elaborated image that can last for centuries. And yet, the print is only the final step of an elaborate process. In Printing Nature, we will explore this process, beginning with the image itself. We will gather material for our prints by sketching from nature, and then experiment with different techniques for transforming these into prints (including monotype), taking contemporary artist, William Kentridge, as our inspiration. Finally we will apply colour to our completed plates and – “hey presto”!
Sessions are for children of six to about 12 years. Each is for a maximum of six children, and lasts 90 minutes. They take place at my home in Danemere Street (Putney SW15 1LT).
Please choose one session:
- Session 1: Friday 9th June (after school): 3.45 – 5.15 pm
- Session 2: Saturday 10th June: 10.30 am – noon
- Session 3: Saturday 10th June: 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- Session 4: Sunday 11th June: 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- Session 5: Monday 12th June: 3.45 pm – 5.15 pm
This May half-term I will run an Art Club on Monday 29th May (it’s a bank holiday!) from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm (kids can also choose to come either in the morning or in the afternoon only).
The idea is to let children catch up on sessions they may have missed during term, or perhaps to deepen their experience of a subject they particularly enjoyed.
We will have sessions on the following (depending on who comes):
- Infinity in Art (introduction to perspective, observational drawing)
- Painting a Still Life (painting in the Dutch Style)
- Black and White Notan (geometry, positive and negative space and composition)
- Chinese and European Calligraphy (ink and brushes).
- Sessions will run from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm and 1.30 to 4.00 pm.
- Children who come for the whole day should bring a packed lunch: we’ll eat in Leaders Garden (a five minute walk from my house) weather and time permitting.
- Sessions are for children of six to 12 years, for a maximum of seven children (please note that a minimum of three participants is required for the session to take place.)
- Location: SW15 1LT
Art is a universal language, and Australian aboriginal art is an excellent demonstration of this. Not only are these beautiful symbols used the length and breadth of Australia, they are as meaningful to those of us elsewhere who are open to them. They blur the line between story-telling and abstract art – could it get any better!?
The kids will build their own scenes using such symbols, applying traditional ‘dot’ technique and palette of colours.
Sessions are for children of six to 12 years (or thereabouts), each for a maximum of six children, lasting ninety minutes. They take place as usual at my home in Danemere Street (Putney SW15 1LT). Book as soon as possible as places fill up quickly!
Session 1: Wednesday 3rd May, 3.45 pm – 5.15 pm
Session 2: Saturday 6th May, 10.30 am – noon
Session 3: Saturday 6th May, 4 pm – 5.30 pm
Session 4: Sunday 7th May, 4 pm – 5.30 pm
Session 5: Monday 8th May, 3.45 pm – 5.15 pm