This is an invitation at short notice to my next workshop – Printing Nature. Please choose from sessions starting this coming Friday to following Monday.
There is a magic in printing it seems: it takes just seconds to create a complete and elaborated image that can last for centuries. And yet, the print is only the final step of an elaborate process. In Printing Nature, we will explore this process, beginning with the image itself. We will gather material for our prints by sketching from nature, and then experiment with different techniques for transforming these into prints (including monotype), taking contemporary artist, William Kentridge, as our inspiration. Finally we will apply colour to our completed plates and – “hey presto”!
Sessions are for children of six to about 12 years. Each is for a maximum of six children, and lasts 90 minutes. They take place at my home in Danemere Street (Putney SW15 1LT).
Please choose one session:
- Session 1: Friday 9th June (after school): 3.45 – 5.15 pm
- Session 2: Saturday 10th June: 10.30 am – noon
- Session 3: Saturday 10th June: 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- Session 4: Sunday 11th June: 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- Session 5: Monday 12th June: 3.45 pm – 5.15 pm